Looking for ways to get more involved in Hillel? Have you ever come up with an idea that you thought would be great for Hillel? Looking to pad your resume with a leadership position? Then join OU Hillel’s Student Board!
Student Board members gain a unique opportunity to affect many aspects of Jewish campus life while receiving an excellent professional and learning experience. Board members will be responsible for coordinating, organizing, and executing programming in their specific program area.
An ideal Student Board member will be a student active in campus life and will have strong interpersonal skills, a commitment to Hillel and Jewish life on campus, and a strong desire to develop programming for campus.
Board Position and Responsibilities:
All Student Board members will be responsible for the following:
- Build relationships with new and current students through coffee dates, Hillel programs, and more
- Help setting up and cleaning up for programs and events (i.e. Shabbat, iFest, Passover, etc.)
- Help recruit for Birthright trips
- Attendance and full participation in bi-weekly Student Board meetings.
- Participation in Hillel leadership training
- Help Hillel staff with Game Day Parking
In addition, each Student Board member will have specific duties based on their position:
Tzedek/Social Justice Chair
- Organize and run Tzedek/Social Justice events each semester
- Plan and recruit for Big Event Team
- Help recruit for Community volunteer programs (Take a Bite Out of Hunger/Mitzvah Day, etc.)
First Year Student Chair
- Organize and run FYSH events (i.e. Donuts at Dorms, FYSH Dinner, etc.)
- Participate in campus programs such as: Welcome Week Tabling, Sooner Saturday, etc.
Campus Outreach Chair
- Reach out and build partnerships with campus organizations/Greek Life/etc.
- Work with the office of Student Life at OU
- Help Hillel staff with OU campus forms (i.e. Tabling Requests, Grant Submissions, etc.)
Engagement and Program Chair
- Organize and run programs to create a warm and welcoming environment
21+ Engagement and Program Chair
- Organize and run programs for the 21+ to create a warm and welcoming environment